Saturday, November 15, 2014

Sausage and Cheese Tortellini

My picky eater HATES anything with tomato sauce, so in a way I tried to tease her with this crock pot meal.
Yes, it has tomatoes. Sorta, its hidden with the cream cheese. It turns to look more like a vodka sauce, but much tastier.


Since the Navy made our home for three years the state of Texas we have been grilling out and enjoying the warm sunshine..YES! Warm in late October and early November. It was an adjustment for me, but I am sure loving it!




I made this meal on the day that a nice COLD front decided to make its way down to our area. Which was an amazing thing cause a nice warm pasta dish is always nice on a day when the weather draws cold.


The ingredient list is simple. :) 

32oz of chicken broth
1 pkg tortellini (I used frozen tortellini. I had those in my freezer)
1 lb Italian Sausage
2 cans of diced tomatoes (basil, oregano, and garlic)
8oz of cream cheese, cubed



Directions:


Brown and crumble your Italian sausage. 

Add sausage and tortellini to the crockpot. Pour in the diced tomatoes (liquid and all) then pour in the chicken broth. Add the cubes of cream cheese. Stir to evenly distribute and cover the tortellini mixture. Cook on LOW for 4.5 hours, stirring at 2 hours and a 4 hours. Remove the lid for the final half hour. 


 

Enjoy the meal with some yummy garlic bread or breadsticks. 

Happy Cooking :) 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment