Saturday, June 14, 2014

Tot Topped Cassrole

If you are anything like me you like an easy weekend night meal...and casseroles are my go to meals for the weekend. This weekend I switched up our normal Tater Tot Casserole, which is a hit with my picky eater. 

Ingredients :::

1 1/2 lbs ground beef (I used ground elk, but hamburger works just fine) 
1/2 onion finely chopped
1cup BBQ sauce
1 can corn (not creamed corn)
1 can cheese soup
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 bag tater tots

Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Then you're going to brown your meat with the onion in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once your meat is fully cooked through add the BBQ sauce, cheese soup and can of corn to the meat stir it all together and let it heat through, roughly 2 to 3 minutes. 
Place the meat mixture in a 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle the cheese onto the mixture then layer the tater tots and bake for 50 to 60 minutes until the tots are brown and cooked through. 

Let it set for 5 minutes then enjoy the easy peasy lemon squeezey meal.

I love casseroles since they're easy and filling and almost a comfort food. Let me know if you like it and I'd love to hear the changes you make to it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment