Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Smothered Pork Chops

Tonight I had a craving for pork chops and lucky me, I bought some yesterday when I was running my errands....AND I was completely shocked that I haven't made pork chops in 9 years. My kiddo has had pulled pork and pork roast but never pork chops and tonight was the night to put an end to that nonsense.


Ingredients:::

3 to 4 pork chops
1/2 cup flour
4 tbsp. butter, divided
1 onion, diced or sliced (whichever your prefer)
8oz of mushrooms ( I cheat sometimes and buy the already sliced mushrooms)
1 to 2 orange bell peppers
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup cooking sherry, divided


 
 
Dredge the pork chops in the flour ( if you want to season your flour go right ahead, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.)
 
In a large skillet melt 2 tablespoons butter, then add your pork chops and fry up for 10 minutes, 5 on each side on med-high heat. Then remove the pork chops from the skillet add remaining butter, onion, mushrooms and bell peppers, and 1/4 cup cooking sherry. Sautee for about 8 to 10 minutes.
 
Once the mushrooms and peppers have softened add your chicken broth and remaining cooking sherry. Mix well. The smell is rather intoxicating. Place your pork chops back in the skillet.
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
Cover your skillet and continue cooking on med-low heat for 30 to 40 minutes.
 
Serve with your favorite side, but I think mashed potatoes goes ahhhmazing with smothered pork chops.
 
 
 
 
Now, that looks good enough to eat....and it is. :)
 
Happy pork chopping. Enjoy :) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment