Thursday, November 20, 2014

Bulgogi (Korean BBQ)

When making dinner I have to take into consideration my picky eater and my "I'll eat anything" eater. 
Luckily, I have found a dinner plan that works for us. See as the head chef of my kitchen, the ruler of the home roost....ok not a ruler, more like a...as my husband says "An admiral running her ship."
No I don't make them swab the deck, but it would be fun to try. ;-)

So when it comes to dinner I, as the head chef, decide WHAT we eat, WHERE we eat(dining room table) and WHEN we eat (dinner time is 6pm).

My picky eater decides WHETHER she eats. There is no fighting at the table to get to her to eat, but there is NO desserts. 

Anywho, that is a whole other topic. Tonights topic is on "What's for Dinner?"

Answer to that ::: Bulgogi or Korean BBQ



 Bulgogi is my all time favorite Asian dish (fried rice is right behind it). Being my all time favorite its also one that I have always wanted to make, so tonight I did.

Here is all you will need. 

For the Meat:

Beef sirloin, cut thinly, (I used roughly 1.75 pounds of sirloin)
1 cup onion, sliced
1/2 cup carrot, sliced

For the Marinade:

6 tbsps soy sauce
3 tbsps sugar
3 tbsps Asian pear juice
3 tbsps water
3 tbsps green onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 tbsp garlic, minced
1 pinch ground ginger
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp sesame oil 


It seems like a lot for a marinade but it smells delicious and totally worth the extras on the shopping list. ;-)

Here is what you do.

In a bowl combine your sauce ingredients together with a wisk. Then add your thinly sliced meat and your sliced vegetables together. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for atleast 6 hours (or overnight).



Cook on medium-high heat until beef is completely cooked through.




Then you enjoy. 

 




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment